Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Test Plan HELL

As a software test engineer, I enjoy abusing software to find ways to break it. But before you can test software you have to write a test plan. Right now I'm in test plan HELL. Until I actually have something to test most of my day is dedicated to writing these dull technical documents. MS Word is NOT my friend. But I will admit that I write a kick-ass test plan. At our last test plan review meeting mine came out on top. It wasn't a contest, of course, just a sharing of ideas. My test plan will be used as a template for others to copy when writing new test plans. (Can you tell I'm bragging here?)

My point is that I can write dull technical documents, but expressing opinions in a thoughtful, entertaining way is much more difficult and just not my strength. But that's OK. We all have our own strengths. I appreciate that there are others out there to bring up interesting, entertaining and thought-provoking subjects on their blogs. Keep it coming! I get paid to write the dull boring stuff and that's fine with me.

2 comments:

Rosario said...

Renée, go read the post here. And I'll just say I don't think you have any trouble being thoughtful and entertaining ;-)

ReneeW said...

Thanks, Rosario. You made my day!

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...