Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

This book was MOS from Stephanie Plum. She's still blowing up cars. She's still broke all the time. She's still undecided between Ranger and Joe. She's still doing TSTL things that put her life in danger. But, damn it, they're funny! This series is not romance and not mystery. Just plain comedy.

I read this one as usual as a book on tape narrated by C. J. Critt. As I have said before, that's the major reason why I continue to read this series. Her voices for Lula, Grandma Mazer, and various assorted characters are wonderful to listen to, and I can't help myself, I laugh out loud. Literally. I have become a danger to drivers everywhere in the Seattle area. I miss turns, forget where I'm going, stop at yellow lights (so I can listen longer in the car), and laugh hysterically while sitting at red lights causing looks from nearby drivers. There were a couple of times I was laughing so hard the tears were dripping out of my eyes.

I don't think there was anything new in the "love" triangle going on between Stephanie, Joe, and Ranger. But we did get to see where Ranger lives (well one of them) and that was cool. I think Lula has some of the best lines. I wish I could talk with her sass and wit. One of these days I'm going to list my favorite Lula quotes here. I would love to see this series made into a movie. I'll have to think about who I'd like to see play Stephanie, Joe and Ranger. Lula, too. Any ideas?

My Grade: B

No comments:

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...