Sunday, August 21, 2005

Movie MeMe via Misty G

Misty tagged me for this and I worked diligently to come up with some answers.

Last film I watched:

Being Julia with Annette Bening. The first half-hour into it I almost put it back in the envelope to mail back to NetFlix but I stuck with it. I didn't care for the time period (1930s) but I loved the ending. Revenge is sweet!

Five favorite films I either watch frequently or that mean a lot to me:

When Harry Met Sally – I love romantic comedy and this one is my favorite. Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan are great and I loved the little skits with the elderly people talking about how they met.
My Fair Lady - the very first VHS I ever owned. I love Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison was the perfect Henry Higgins, and I loved the costumes and the music: Get Me to the Church on Time, I Could Have Danced All Night, and With a Little Bit o' Luck.
To Kill a Mockingbird - I remember seeing this as a little girl at the drive-in theatre (I’m showing my age here) in the 60's during the civil right movement and it really made an impression on me. And Gregory Peck... wow, need I say more?
Pride and Prejudice (the A&E version) - Can I count this? I know it's a TV movie but I have watched it probably a dozen times. All 6 hours of it. Goes along with the dozen or so times I have read the book.
Moonstruck – I told you I’m a sucker for romantic comedy and have watched this one many times. The best part of the movie is the final kitchen scene. Every line, word, and expression is a masterpiece. I think I have it memorized. It was so well cast and I laugh every time I watch it.

Honorable Mentions:
The Shawshank Redemption - there is something so uplifting about this movie.
Raiders of the Lost Ark – non-stop action with Harrison Ford. And I hate snakes too.

Worst film you've ever had to endure:

Dr. T & the Women. Abso-f***ing-lutely horrible. Richard Gere stinks!

Favorite movie quote:

This was a tough one for me since there are so many I love. I really liked the one from Kevin Costner’s character in Bull Durham, but AngieW already used it. I settled on this one from the final kitchen scene in Moonstruck:
Rose: Do you love him, Loretta?
Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
Rose: ::sigh:: Oh, that’s too bad.

Favorite movie adapted from a book:

To Kill a Mockingbird – loved the movie and loved the book.

One book I'd like to see made into a movie:

Has to be Naked in Death. But I’m very leery that Hollywood can pull this off and I’m afraid they'll probably ruin it.

People to tag with this meme:

Hmmm. How about Nicole?

No comments:

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...