Friday, November 25, 2005

Black Friday

Braved the crowds today and went shopping with the daughter at the infamous Bellevue Square Mall and didn't buy a single thing. The daughter wanted to go very badly and practically begged me to go. So I went but I dragged my feet all the way. We took my new car 'cuz husband was washing my old car in the pouring rain to get it ready to sell. Better him than me.

Turned out that the traffic was not as bad as I expected and we found a parking spot fairly quickly which is amazing. The usual jerks who wait till someone comes out to their car, loads their packages and backs out so they can grab their spot, were not in evidence. I hate those people! Just drive on, you idiot, there'll be something further on! You're just too freakin' lazy to have to walk a little further. Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine.

I was glad I went because it was so nice to spend some one-on-one time with my daughter. We get along so well now. And I really appreciate that, since those horrid teenage years when I was the stupidest person on the planet were no fun. She bought some gifts and I bought us lunch at Panda Express. The crowds weren't bad either. We saw no long lines but we did see a few pushy women.

I pulled a book out of my TBR at random today and came up with Karen Robards' Wild Orchids. This book is a real oldie, copyright 1986, and is set in the jungle of Mexico. It's a road/cabin romance. I love both jungle and cabin romances so I'm hoping this one will be good. The hero is very alpha and carjacks the heroine in Cancun. He's very mean to her so far (OK, I admit, I peeked at the ending and it looked good so I'm going to keep reading).

Hope everyone survived Thanksgiving! I'm wishing I had some turkey leftovers, but I made a pot of Taco Soup (Bob's favorite) instead.

No comments:

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...