Monday, July 25, 2005

Over the Edge by Suzanne Brockman

Over the Edge is the fourth book of Brockmann's Troubleshooters series with Navy SEAL Team Sixteen and features multiple storylines and multiple characters that make it difficult to follow what the hell is going on sometimes. I "read" this as a book-on-tape on my trips to and from work and maybe that was part of the problem.

Anyway, I counted four (4) separate storylines:

Annebet & Herschel (WWII story)
Sam & Alyssa
Max & Gina
Stan & Teri

However, Brockmann delivers an intensely emotional book for all these characters and more. And the action is non-stop and centers around an airplane hijacking in a country called Kazbekistan, nicknamed the Pit. There is only one HEA storyline, but I'm assuming there will be HEA's for the other characters in upcoming books (except the WWII story which I felt was unnecessary and a bit distracting). Be warned though that the violence was also intense a couple of times and very real. Not "romance novel pretty". One scene was especially gut-wrenching.

I highly recommend this book and look forward to others in the series.

My Grade: A-

No comments:

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...