Sunday, July 31, 2005

My husband is driving me crazy so I went to the UBS

and bought (only) 3 books. I know, I know. I said I wasn't going to buy any more books until a made a dent in my TBR pile. But I needed to reward myself for not strangling my husband!

It has been very hot here in the Seattle area this weekend. Probably in the low 90's (but the humidity is low). My husband has been working on the landscaping in the backyard for weeks and this weekend he has really worked his tail off. But he doesn't do hot weather very well. He came in the house all hot and sweaty to take a break and proceeded to bark at me for everything that came out of my mouth! And did I bark back??? NO, I did not, so give me a medal! I don't know how I controlled myself because believe me I am a very mouthy person and I don't let him get away with shit. Maybe I figured he was on the verge of heat stoke or something but I just kept my mouth shut. He started complaining about not having any beer or pop in the fridge and that was it. I grabbed my purse and sprinted out the door (what a good wife -NOT). What I was thinking is I need a break and a comfort shop. So where did I go? The UBS of course.

Here's the three books I bought:

Blaze - Susan Johnson (this is an older one, first book in a series, I have the others and just needed this one to get started. I heard SJ's older books were her best. Boy, the cover is awful!)
Prairie Wife - Cheryl St. John (I just finished Joe's Wife and loved it. This one got a 5-heart review at TRR)
Tempting Kate - Deborah Simmons (this is part of a series too, and the only one I didn't have so now I can start it)

That's it. Aren't you proud of me? I was so restrained.

I did make it to the grocery store to get the pop and beer but that was AFTER an hour (very short time really, I could have used 2 or 3 hours) of browsing the UBS. Then I "rushed" home to give His Majesty his libations.

No comments:

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...