Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In case anybody still reads my blog....

Yes, I'm still alive. And reading... but I'm pretty behind on all the latest books. I just have not felt like blogging for a long time. I do visit other blogs though. I read about KristieJ's horrendous accident and have been truly amazed at her recovery and all the changes she is making in her health for the better. What an amazing person. I also try to keep up with a few others too with google reader but I get so behind I mark everything as read.

Thanks to the few who have stopped by and left comments. I have read them but can't stir up any energy to reply. For a while there I was tempted to delete my blog and just slink away. But I changed my mind, so here I be.

I have read 133 books so far this year which beats my reading for 2009 and 2007. I don't think I can come up with a coherent book review yet, but I may give it a shot later.

On the personal front, my dear daughter recently announced that she is pregnant! Whoa... that means I'm going to be a grandmother. Yikes! Ok, if anyone calls me granny their ass is grass. But I am looking forward to it, but it doesn't seem real yet.

I am still working on my Intermediate Programmer certificate but I'm only taking one programming class this quarter (C++ language). And I'm still looking for work.

One last thing... I submitted my Top 100 romances poll to AAR. Hope everyone else did too. I'll post it tomorrow so you can look it over.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Kristie's accident and recovery are all you really need to know about. The rest of it is SSDD...uh, IMHO. Can you tell I'm going through my own blogging slump right now?

I'm hoping I make it to 100 books read this year...but I'm not sure I will. I'll have to go on a serious tear for the final month of the year and with the holidays? Yeah, outlook not so good.

Leslie said...

Hey - good to hear from you and congrats on the impending grandmother status. :)

Blogging slumps happen to all of us. But you're still reading so that's always good!

ReneeW said...

Wendy: I have tried to keep up with a few blogs and yours is one of them. You may have slowed down in your blogging but you are still hanging in there. I usually read quite a bit in December because it's so dark and dreary here there is nothing else to do (except Christmas shop - bleck!)

Leslie: Thanks! Yes, I may not blog much but I'm a consistent reader.

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...