Friday, August 31, 2007

Day off

Just a quick post...

You all know how damn busy I have been at work the last couple months. Our manager gave us today off (with pay) because we all have been working so hard, so we have a four day weekend! Woohoo! I am also taking my two floating holidays on September 7 & 10 so Bob and I can go camping. Two four day weekends in a row! How cool is that.

You know what that means... more time for reading (I hope)! August was a bad month for me reading-wise. Only 7 books which is my lowest in a very long time. Just finished Demon Angel by Meljean Brook and it took me 6 days... 2 or 3 is my usual. It was a very difficult book to read meaning it was very complicated and I felt like I was lost or confused much of the time so I had to go slow and concentrate. Not an easy read. But worth it. Jane reviewed it and Meljean was kind enough to answer questions in the comments. Some were spoilers but I really needed those otherwise I would not have known what the HELL was going on. This was probably not a good book to read given how busy at work I have been. When I finally had time to read my brain was too exhausted to figure anything out.

Anyway I'm glad I finished it and will definitely read Demon Moon soon.

Better run... lots of stuff to do.

Happy Labor (Labour) Day everyone!

6 comments:

CindyS said...

Have a great weekend and hopefully you'll get your fill of reading!

CindyS

Rosie said...

Lucky McDucky with with 2 long weekends in a row. Have fun. My August was a slow reading month as well. I haven't check the actual stats. I think I'm afraid too.

I'm off to do some reading and vegging of my own now.

ReneeW said...

Cindy: I have already finished two books. And I got lots stuff done around the house and yard. I have such a sense of accomplishment :)

Rosie: I just told Bob I want to have more 3 day weekends. I get so much done (besides reading).

Kate Diamond said...

Yay for vacations!

Kyahgirl said...

you deserve a break!

I read Demon Moon a while ago and enjoyed it enough to try and find Demon Angel. Glad to hear its good.

ReneeW said...

Kate: Thanks!

Kyahgirl: Glad to hear you liked Demon Moon. I need to go find a copy soon before I forget the details of Demon Angel.

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...