Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Double tagged!

Kristie and Cindy both tagged me while I was on vacation so here goes (a bit late).

1. When did you first start blogging and why? Just had my one year blog-iversay on July 17. Maili, Keishon and Rosario were the first blogs I read and I was thrilled to find fascinating entertaining people talking about books. Up until then I had visited AAR message boards but rarely posted because all those flame wars terrified me. Loved to read them, but no way would I stick my neck out. Anyway, around April of last year Maili posted a 'How To Blog' which I bookmarked and it took me until July to get up the nerve to create one.

2. What don't you talk about? Like most people I avoid religion and politics. I don't mind talking about my personal life because it's actually theraputic. Nice to get the rants out in the open so they don't fester :)

3) Are you and your blogging persona the same person? Yeah, pretty much. Although I come across a bit more serious in my blog than I am in person.

4) How do you use blogging to build friendships? It's been surprising easy to make friends from all over the world because romance readers are so friendly. I started with Maili, Keishon, and Rosario and found more bloggers from their sidebars leaving comments all over the place. Then these bloggers visit me, along with new bloggers and the circle just keeps getting bigger and bigger! I was nervous about posting on blogs at first because I figured everyone already knew everyone and I was crashing the party but it's not like that at all. It's funny how I talk about my online friends with my hubby and in-person friends just like I really KNOW them, which I do. I just have not actually MET them in person. (Bob knows his twin, also names Bob, is alive and living in Canada).

5) How would you describe your writing style? What style? Oh, you mean the bad grammar, run-on sentences, dangling participles (love that phrase), sentence fragments, spelling errors and overuse of the word 'I'? Yeah, that's me.

8 comments:

CindyS said...

C'mon! You're funny! I loved that post about your husbands questions (your real thoughts) and your polite response. I read that one to Bob ;)

Bob up here knows he has a twin down in the States. I know what you mean about talking about blogger friends. I'll be all 'Renee said, or Kristie said, or Maili said' and then someone will turn to me and say 'who?'. Since I don't tell my friends and family I blog I usually just say, oh the ladies in my romance book club. I would say romance blogs but then people get confused and I'm so not patient enough to explain ;)

It also looks like you and I are similiar in our views on our own grammar. I keep telling myself I will educate myself in grammar and proper use of punctuation but I have also been promising to teach myself french what with me living in Canada and such.

Meh, too many books to read!

Let us know what you think of Date Me, Baby, One More Time - if it wasn't for Jay the title alone would have kept me from buying this book!

CindyS

ReneeW said...

I'm at my funniest when talking about the nutty things Bob says and does. I told my Bob about your Bob's two pickups which was probably a mistake because now he thinks it's normal.

I used to be good at grammar (got A's in school) but now I'm just too lazy.

Yeah, I'd never have picked up that book from that title. But if you loved it, it has to be worth a look see.

Anonymous said...

Belated happy Blogiversary, Renee!

Noneya said...

You know, I'm with ya on that friends via blogging question! Its been such a pleasant experience to find so many wonderful readers. How I wish this whole blogging existed years ago!!

Happy Blogger-Versary!
Sandie

ReneeW said...

Thanks Ag & Sandie. It's been fun meeting other bloggers.

Dev said...

I completely relate with what you wrote on using blogs to create friendships. That's what I've done (and been doing)....and I've found a great group of folks from all over the place who read a lot of the same books I do. It's been a great experience.

Devonna

Kristie (J) said...

That has been the most unexpected yet rewarding part of blogging - the friendships I've made and am still making!!!

And my grammar went out the window too! I used to be very precise and grammatically correct but now? fugitaboutit. It's more fun to write how I talk.

ReneeW said...

Devonna: You are so right! And you made me realize there are a bunch of new to me bloggers I need to add to my sidebar :)

Kristie: Yes, it is very rewarding. I think of you and everyone as my friend, something I never thought possible a few years ago. I agree, it's much more interesting to write how you talk.

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...