Tuesday, March 04, 2008

AAR Reader Poll Results

I'm feeling very smug. AAR Reader Poll results are in and I think I did pretty good at matching the final results in the major book categories. But I sucked at picking the character awards (only 1). Here are the winners and honorable mentions I picked:

Best Romance: The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt (it tied with If His Kiss Is Wicked by Jo Goodman which I haven't read yet)

Favorite Funny: Natural Born Charmer by SEP

Most Luscious: The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt

Best Cabin/Road Romance: Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard (tied with Driven by Eve Kenin which I have read and loved)

Best New Author: Anna Campbell

Guiltiest Pleasure (honorable mention - tie): Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell

Best European Historical (honorable mention): The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt


Best Contemporary: Natural Born Charmer by SEP


Best S/F & Futuristic: Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair

Best Paranormal: Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

Best Chick Lit: Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

Most Tortured Hero (honorable mention): James from Beau Crusoe by Carla Kelly


That's 9 winners and 3 honorable mentions I picked. I did better last year because I picked 4 of the character awards.

Go here to check out the final results.

3 comments:

CindyS said...

You did great! I saw the results and was like 'haven't read, haven't read, haven't read'. I'm a complete slacker!

CindyS

ReneeW said...

Cindy: You aren't a slacker :) I'm the slacker.. when it comes to painting projects and such. You really show me up there.

Kristie (J) said...

I matched quite a few too - although I replaced The Serpent Prince with If His Kiss is Wicked. They were neck in neck for me - but I finally went with Goodman because she's been writing for years and I sensed that this would finally be her year and I wanted to be a contributor. You really should read IHKIW. It's grand!!

Wow, I haven't touched my blog in over 6 years and I'm still logged in!  Good thing because I have no idea what my password is.  In ...